Monday, March 22, 2010

Cool, I Have Followers

I guess that means I need to write something substantive and interesting (or at least funny).  Full disclosure, my only two followers are one former and one current colleague, both of whom are Great Americans and would probably follow my blog even if I was writing about non-quantitative reduction theory (but I am saving that for a later post).  Thank you both for making me a legit blogger (if you post and no one reads, its it still a blog?). 

Its early on a Monday morning here in our Nation's Capital (remind me to discuss Capital vs. Capitol one of these days...its a pet peeve) and I have not finished the first "real" post of this blog or at least the first one that will be on subject (i.e., Bulk).  I guess every post is real, that's the genius of blogging, it can be substantive, topical, or just arbitrary.  Relevance is defined in the moment and self dependent.  Blogito ergo sum, to bastardize Descartes. 

It was a beautiful weekend in DC, sunny and in the 70s (mid 20s for my metric friends).  Spring does not last long in DC, but for a short time it is glorious.  I spent Saturday doing life maintenance activities (e.g., haircut, shopping, cleaners, etc) and a little work and then had dinner with some dear friends.  Too much wine and great food was consumed, but a great time was had by all. 

Sunday required some significant outside time.  Purely to ensure I had absorbed enough vitamin D, mind you.  I was able to accomplish that by sitting on the deck at the winery of which I am a very minor partner, but more on that later. 

As stated, its Monday and that requires me to spend my days working for the Man.  As my day job is with the government, you are all the Man (at least those of you who are Americans).  So enjoy the Spring weather (if you are so blessed and north of the equator) and I promise to start the discussion of the Theory of Bulk or maybe I will just keep rambling and see if anyone cares to listen...

yr. obt. svt.,

Larry

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bulky one...how much is enough vit. D?
    And how does one quantify and then calculate that amount?
    It is all guesswork in the grand scheme of things, but, alas, we are all grand...schemers, that is. It is rainy and one of "those" days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In regard to the Vitamin D question, our friends at Wikipedia write, "It has been suggested by some vitamin D researchers, for example, that approximately 5-30 minutes of sun exposure between 10 AM and 3 PM at least twice a week to the face, arms, legs, or back without sunscreen usually lead to sufficient vitamin D synthesis..."

    On the recommendation of my physician, I take a D3 supplement, but maybe I just need to spend more time in the sun.

    ReplyDelete